How many times year did you start a new diet? Does it really work? Weight loss doesn’t have to be stressful or complicated. All you have to do is build simple habits to see the weight come off. Here are ten scientifically proven tips on how to achieve your dream body in almost no time.
- NUMBER 10 – use blue plates. One recent study has shown that the color blue decreases appetite. So try some changes like decorating your table with a blue tablecloth, blue napkins, blue plates, and glasses. This trick is called psychology of colors, and some colors actually stimulate your appetite. Blue will do the opposite for you.
- NUMBER 9 – be more optimistic. Every positive thought matters. The idea is to focus only on good thoughts and repeat your goals as if they were your mantra. For example, ‘I lost half a pound! That’s just great!’ ‘Slowly, but surely!’ ‘I can eat only the portion I took.’ ‘I can say NO to dessert.’ Such optimistic phrases will help you achieve your goals very fast.
- NUMBER 8 – thirty minutes of exercise is enough. A healthy diet plan does help you lose weight, but it’s critical to combine good nutrition with some physical exercise. Even lower risk activities, such as walking will be beneficial. Good news! Researchers at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark, have found that exercising for 30 minutes per day helps you lose 25% more weight than going for a full hour.
- NUMBER 7 – eat slowly and eat alone. In this fast-paced world, fast eating has become a bad habit. Ironically enough, it reduces the feeling of satiety and leads to overeating. When your brain registers that your stomach is full, you’ve already eaten much more than your body needs. When you’re eating out, always choose the smallest portion.Take your time to read the menu. Even if it’s a place where they sell hamburgers and other unhealthy food, choose the smallest portion: mini burger, junior popcorn, personal pizza, or light salad. According to recent studies, people who don’t order their main dish can see everything on the table even if they’re already full.
- NUMBER 6 – avoid eating in front of your computer or TV. According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, food ads, especially junk food ads, increase our appetite and make us overeat. Also, when we eat in front of our computers or TV, we don’t pay attention to our food. Therefore we are not aware of how much we’ve eaten. Instead, you can try eating in front of a mirror. You may say it’s just ridiculous, but scientific facts assure that eating while looking at yourself in the mirror reduces the amount of food you eat to one-third. Also, did you know that eating alone is better than eating with a group of friends? It’s proven that people who eat in the group eat more.You spend more time at the table, and you can’t control how much you’ve eaten while talking. It doesn’t mean you should eat alone all the time, but try to bring to the table only if you’re going to eat, only your portion.
- NUMBER 5 – don’t overheat your house. According to research published in the journal Obesity Reviews, there’s a link between reduced exposure to seasonal cold and increases in obesity in the UK, US, and other developed countries. When we’re exposed to cold, our skeletal muscles contract to generate heat, burning extra calories in the process We also produce heat even in mildly cold conditions when we’re not shivering.So when the whole house is heated, we no longer have to adjust different temperatures, and we burn less energy.
- NUMBER 4 – reading food labels. The Nutrition Facts food labels can be very useful in helping you make healthy choices and lose weight. A study published in the Journal of Consumer Affairs suggests that people who read food labels on a regular basis are more likely to lose weight, especially women between the ages of 37 and 50.
- NUMBER 3 – eat more yogurt and nuts. According to research conducted at the Harvard School of Public Health, eating yogurt and nuts is more effective in the long run for weight loss than eating fruits and vegetables.Also, Louisiana State University research shows that people to eat nuts every day are 25% less likely to be obese and 21% less likely have a wider waistline. You’re probably thinking ‘That’s crazy! All kinds of nuts are full of fat and calories!’ It’s not correct. ‘Nuts are rich and plant protein, dietary fiber, and healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids,’ explains Carol O’Neil, lead researcher and professor at Louisiana State University. ‘Therefore, nuts are a satiating food that may help suppress appetite.’ In addition to all the benefits, nuts will help you feel satiated: you’ll eat less and lose weight more effectively.
- NUMBER 2 –add hot peppers and spices in your diet. Consuming chilies and other hot peppers also helps to make the pounds fly off since they accelerate your metabolism. Also, cayenne pepper reduces appetite and burns calories faster, according to research from Purdue University.
- NUMBER 1 – drink plenty of water. You should stay well hydrated every day. Make it a habit of drinking a glass of water in the morning on an empty stomach and a glass of water before going to sleep.
This trick keeps your body hydrated, generates satiety, and speeds up your metabolism, all of which helps you lose weight.
A clinical trial presented at a meeting of the American Chemical Society confirmed that drinking two glasses of water before eating helps a person to lose weight and fight obesity. Here’s a bonus. A simple trick that will help you control your weight. If you’re hungry, smell bananas. This may sound a little crazy, but smelling foods like apples, mint, or banana can fool your brain and make it believe that you’re eating. A study involving 3,000 volunteers who smelled these foods when they were hungry found that their appetites decreased. And the results were soon reflected on the scales. Amazing, huh? So, what helps you stay in shape and control your weight? Share your thoughts in the comments below! Don’t forget to hit the like button and click subscribe to stay on the Indira Remedies Youtube Channel. CLICK HERE >>